Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting over ...

As you can see I set up this blog back in October and then promptly forgot about it. I had the best of intentions but between work, travel and class (and writing!) it sort of fell by the wayside. But since today is the start of a new year AND a new decade (and not a moment too soon!) I thought I would give this blogging thing another shot. So here goes ....

I've never been a big fan of New Year's resolutions. It seems so daunting to resolve to do something, without fail, for an entire year. However, after reading an article in the Washington Post, entitled Resolved:Writing is a job by author Ann Patchett, I was intrigued. In the article she talks about resolutions (and of course resolving to write every day :-)and shares the advice of a friend: Whatever a person does with thoughtful consistency for the first 32 days of the year sets the course for the entire year.

Thirty two days? I can do that. Not quite as daunting as signing on for the entire year. So here goes ...

I resolve to:
Write daily
Walk for an extra half an hour each day (much easier to do than going to the gym ;-)
Eat healthy (which I hope will lead to losing that pesky ten pounds that keeps hanging around!)

Three things I hope to do with thoughtful consistency for the first thirty two days of the year. What about you? What can you commit to for the next thirty two days? Let me know ....

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment